REPORTS TO: ENGINEERING MANAGER
Essential job functions
We have several projects ongoing in parallel, which are Feral File, Autonomy, and Bitmark Protocol. Please let us know which project you are interested in if you would like to apply this position. The engineering manager will also work with you to determine which project makes you a better fit according to your interests and skills through the interview process.
A hybrid between an online gallery, marketplace, and publisher of artist editions. Invigorating the future of exhibiting, curating, and collecting digital media in partnership with the digital art community through Bitmark NFTs.
- Develop and maintain the backend of Feral File
- Integrate Bitmark SDK to manage Bitmark NFTs
- Support the display and distribution of different types of digital artworks, e,g software, video, pdf, audio, image, 3D, animated gif, etc.
- Support international payments in both fiat and cryptocurrencies
- Leverage CI and CD tools to automate testing and deployment
- Scale the service to support higher transaction volume
- Create internal data analytics to help with decision making
Autonomy is a full node wallet, a P2P contact list, and a recovery network. Working together, they give you independence, make Bitcoin easy to use, and ensure that you never lose your money. It’s like having a Bitcoin full node in your pocket!
- Develop the Autonomy pod, the Bitcoin full node designed for running in the cloud privately for each user
- Increase the privacy, safety, and security of Autonomy pod, which will require Torgap, Signal messaging, etc.
- Design a scalable architecture for running more Autonomy pods
- Lower the cost of running an Autonomy pod
- Develop the backend of Autonomy app and other Bitcoin-related microservices powered by Bitmark (e.g. fee estimation, price history, explorer, etc.)
- Work with communities to make the solutions Gordian-certified
Bitmark Protocol is a system for organizing information about the world’s digital resources. People can activate — use, transfer, generate revenue from — resources safely with each other by verifying what a resource is and who controls it through Bitmark Protocol.
Profiles that are important to us
- Strong computer science fundamentals and coding skills (we use Golang)
- Knowledge of databases (PostgreSQL, LevelDB, Redis)
- Knowledge of communication methods to interact with applications and other services (REST, WebSockets, RPC, etc.)
- Knowledge of configuration management (Git, containers, Ansible)
- Cloud services (AWS, GCP, DigitalOcean)
- Conversational-level English
- Cryptography and cryptographic tools (e.g. Tor, Bitcoin, end-to-end encryption communication)
- Stock options
- Child care benefits